Friday, July 29, 2011

The weekends, part 1

The weekends, ah, the weekends. For the last 15 years the weekends are very much a part of my workweek.

Mind you I'm lucky that I do the sort of work that I do - paid and unpaid.

Last Saturday I had a chance to go to our local Obon Festival. I danced, saw Ikebana and Bonsai, and had a chance to see how others were going about collecting and sharing their community history.








Went to Plaza de la Raza, heard La Santa Cecilia, and saw palm trees in a truly different light.

Helped to dispel some of the unwarranted animosity I feel toward dates and the like.

My negative bias - I admit. They've not chosen to offend my sensibilities. I'm just much happier with oak trees, succulents, and cactus.

And yet here was this lovely flowery bit of nature with a clear bluesky for its backdrop.

No comments: