Monday, October 28, 2013

Part of the Parade, part 2

Being a part of cute, community parade can be so many different experiences. 


It can mean that you are as much being seen as seeing those who are watching you,


having fun and expressing multiple roles while taking part in an intimate celebration,


appearing a bit intimidated while walking at the head of a group,


looking just as smart at the end of the parade as you did while you were marching,


 embracing the past and the future in a single image, 




 







receiving kudos
for the quiet support you have given over years that made this all possible - 
2013 Doña Eulalia Award 
recipients - 
Alex Schultz & Diane Walker




Images courtesy Brian Biery - link below.

2 comments:

Ann Erdman said...

Oh, Brian does such good work at capturing the moment! And I love that the child being carried by her mother is wearing a Mothers' Club shirt. Indeed, she is the future!

SILENT said...

Does Mother's Club still exist? My siblings and I attended, while my mother worked with the toddlers or joined in the Co-Op room, Alva Robledo, which would have been around the time Taka Namoura, Vera Huerta, Terry McKenzie were there, as well. I happen to run across this while lurking into one link after the other, initially, my primary position is digging into my Ancestors who lived on Titely Ave., among other areas of Pasadena, so Im always in fine tune the moment I stumble across Pasadena's Latino Heritage. Im still digging, and have done so over the past 4 years, with the exception of a few breaks in between, and I have discovered that Im infested with family in Pasadena. It has been an interesting journey, both bitter / sweet, and still more to uncover. I enjoyed stumbling across this page, thank you for sharing.